Michael's employs the idea of Quadrants as the four person ensemble, like musicians in a quartet which work together.
This spread is useful if your question involves assembling a team of actual people, OR of assessing the traits useful for you to use in each of the "quadrant positions." The card placeholder name and its function are listed below.
*Work, in this context, is defined as: any deliberately directed use of energy, applied use of force including exertion, balance, tension, stretching, reaching and/or adapting, learning and acquiring something that is as yet unfamiliar, unattained, in process of manifestation.
- One way to use this reading is to decide in advance which person in your group (family member) seems to fit what position and when that card is pulled have them in mind. Or one step more specific, if the person's are present, have them select the card from the deck assigned to that placement.
- This Layout is particularly interesting when members of the group are together drawing cards. Each member should choose the card for their perceived position in the arrangement. Or, if a person is performing the reading alone, name the players to occupy each position. One can repeat this spread several times. Each iteration shift the players names into different Quadrant slots and notice how the dynamics might be altered.
For additional conceptual depth, refer the patterns detailed within the ICOA sequence and the 4 Communication Styles. (both to be found under the Axis Group - pg. ?? )
- Card 1- Love Position - The beginning. What is the motivation or idea that has your attention focused in a direction? If you know it, this card points the way to present yourself to the world. It might also indicate the qualities of the person you think falls into this category which inspires the group to listen or "brainstorm".
- Card 2 - Knowledge - What information do you need to share, acquire, or adapt your style to? This person is likely to have many of the inputs or information resources or right elements all of which make the brainstorm a rainstorm of ideas.
- Card 3 - Power Position - That person, thing, or circumstance of which you are concerned. What do they mean to you, or for you?
- Card 4 - Support Position - Who, what or where you are liable to get the most help, useful guidance, enthusiastic encouragement, or deeply healing compassion from? Which ever one it is do not take if for granted or ignore it. Without support, it will be difficult to sustain yourself.
1. Love Position
The Person whose ideas or expression rallies everyone together.
2. Knowledge Position
Whoever is the person who brings expertise, or likes to gather and integrate information for the group.
3. Power Position
The person who tends to be the pivot of decision and direction.
4. Support Position
The team player, the utility person, the mediator; the one who fills in the gaps.